Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Harvest Fun

This week the family and I took a trip to the Pumpkin Patch. We had been there once before in the past week, only to have been turned away because there was an enourmous Indian Guides group that had taken over the Corn Maze that night. So we went back Monday to enjoy our hayride and check out the animals. This year I was a total slacker when it came to planting my fall harvest and our own garden is seriously lacking the pumpkins, squash and greens I typically have adorning my backyard. It was nice to be at a family farm and see the efforts they put into their fall harvest and the great display they have for locals to enjoy. It was H2B's (hubby-to-be) first hayride, as well as lil R's first introduction to fall harvest time. We dressed her up the past two Halloween's, but this is the first year she can really get into it. She loved it so much as we struggled to get her in the car, she hopped out and ran after the farmer to join him for another hayride. It was all too cute and I know we have begun a yearly tradition.


Below are a few pics from that day... it really was great to get my city-raised man into the woods and onto a real working farm. I've been filtering my pipedreams of owning a farm into his head the past 3 years and I'm happy to say they just *might* be working. As we left he told me how nice it was to be out there on the farm, to see a family working together on the land, and coming together to bring a family income in. Maybe not quite what we can achieve now, but I might just have a farmhand in the making!





And a beautiful sunset provided by Mother Nature. She always provides at the perfect moment.
___________________________________________________________________

How does your family spend Fall Harvest Time? Are you planning your little ones costumes and pumpkin carving? Do you have any unique ways your family spends this time of year?
















1 comment: